Tuesday, March 31, 2009

New Beginning...Not Bad!

Learning, adapting and reflecting what I have done so far change me a lot. I’ve learned that you have to take some risk and befriend not only with others but yourself in order to succeed. I started my micro-teaching lesson with Mr Harold Pong. It was very nice. Perhaps, I realized that I failed it because I can’t get away with my nerves system. I started to lose focus when I get nervous.

Then, I have this unusual habit of moving my hands whenever I get nervous but I tried to control it as much as I don’t want my classmates to realize that I am nervous right at that moment. Another great thing I’ve learned during that set induction micro-teaching was class control was very important as a great teacher should by hook or by crook need to learn how to do that. There were certain things which I wasn’t sure I can handle it for example it’s really hard for me to project my voice when the students were busy talking so what did I do at that time was shouting but not so loud. Anyhow, there are reasons why teacher shouldn’t shout a lot; first you don’t want to end up screaming like crazy and secondly, we should be able to attract student’s attention during set induction because that is the most important part in our teaching.

For me, set induction should be attractive, nice, and develop students’ interest so they won’t get bored for the entire lesson. Mr Harold commenting on my slide show and he said, the font wasn’t clear so maybe I can do something about it. Another lesson I’ve learned, last minute preparation sucks! Better get ready earlier then.

1 comment:

  1. you are right khalis, i also have the same problem with you...getting nerves when i am in front of the class!!! sometimes, i can't handle this kind of thing and as result, i lost my attention of what should i do during that time..but, for this semester, i has asked myself to try to be better in my microteaching and really hope that all the comments that i get from mr.harold will help me to find out my weaknesses and learn from it..As for me, the experiences of conducting simulated teaching had given me lots of chances in improving my skills in teaching process as a teacher trainee. These simulated teaching presentations were very important stages in opening the correct schemata and getting our students interest to our lesson. Through these simulated teaching presentations, it taught me to look at the poor and outdated strategy something that might be boring them..really hope that we can find the best, interesting activities for our microteaching sessions khalis, so that our students will have something new from us not from others!!hahaha....gud luck!!!

    ReplyDelete