Saturday, March 14, 2009

Script Writing

Learning drama and trying to adapt it by writing our own play is not easy. Throughout the process, we learned that cooperation is one of the key factors to write a good play beside genuine idea and authenticity of thought can be the most important factor that leads to our success. Overall, we have been trying to come out with our own idea that simple and readable. I was the one who give the idea about “Jar of wishes” and that is because in my entire life, I have never try to eat fortune cookies. I really want to eat once at least so this is my own interpretation based on my own self. My friends later contribute more ideas before we start writing the script.
Later I think it will be good if we can have characters that define our background so multicultural background was one of a kind that people looking forward to read. Here, we want the student to appreciate the differences between each race or religions and the arrival of understanding to create a better understanding about Malaysian culture. I also learned that writing a script can actually broadened your view as you are not reading anymore but trying to start writing and seek for audience reactions whether our play is good or not. Frankly speaking, I was nervous as hell. Writing a script that based on your own understanding isn’t exactly what I’m looking forward to. I wanted to express myself but at the same time the reader have to be please or in another word they can understand the message that you are trying to convey. So far, I really hope that this will be a good start for me, but then I don’t know whether what I have done so far is worth a try because for me the play that you produce resembles who you really are.

1 comment:

  1. hype khalis..
    I am agree with you that it is not easy to write our own play. It some how make my mind go crazy just to get the ideas before write the play. When i read your blog, it makes me thinking how on earth for me to get the best idea to write my own play...Living in this multiracial nation tells me that it is good for us to put in characters that students familiar with like you say in your blog. So, there are lots to do in order to overcome all the problems that block us from creating a great masterpiece...

    ReplyDelete