Tuesday, March 31, 2009

The Next Big Thing!


Last Monday, I was given a chance to meet our famous Kee Thuan Chye. The meeting was short but it was an interesting one. I was being attentive throughout the session. I’ve learned a lot. We barely know what we will become in future. I mean Kee Thuan Chye was just a normal kid who enjoyed reading literary texts and he appeared to be someone else. He is someone who stands for what he believes in and it such a great reminder for us to always believe in ourselves. I mean he shows great affection towards what he loves and it pays off. He actually gets what he is looking for so now, it should start to think about what I like and pursue my own interest.

Kee Thuan Chye talked a lot about political issues in Malaysia and for god’s sake, I don’t know anything. I’m barely know whoever work in political sectors so I’m just nodding throughout the session even though I don’t know what the hell was he talked about. Anyway, it such a great deal to listens to someone very knowledgeable and he talked a bit about his background during the earlier session and I am thrilled. He was trying his best and I shouldn’t say anything else except bravo. He really deserves what he own now and probably, his writing are all provocative. There are things to argue about but at the same time it educates us by looking thoroughly within our social context. I’ve learned a lot that day and thank a lot to Dr Edwin for inviting someone very dear to our heart.

After all, I have learned that life isn’t easy. You have to learn how to take risk and fight for what you think is right. Last but not least, he really am grounded I’m mean he may be the star but he never act like one but place himself among the others. He such a humble person even though he can claim that he is so over us. Great attitude!

2 comments:

  1. yes, khalis.it's true to say that life won't be easy as we thought. remember the last part of Oedipus Rex by Chorus, we cant say that we have a good and lucky life until our last breath. i'm also feel so grateful to see kee Thuan Chye in front of my eyes which inspired me so much in writing English works. He's so humble, isnt he??

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah a good meeting with him...i saw him in my life when i was 9 years old watching him acting in Malaysian english drama series-i forgot what the title is!i saw him again at the age of 22! time really flies!...he has his own view on the world of Malaysia today which i think we should respect..read his works,khalis!

    ReplyDelete