Saturday, April 4, 2009

Reaching the Star, One more step to the ladder…

Last week was my second micro teaching for Mr Harold. I was nervous as hell because it was freaking cold. The ac (air-conditions) really hit my nerves system. We were asked to cut short our lesson because the inconvenience reasoning. Anyway, I guess I have done my best. My pre-reading activity was quite simple and I guessed it will help students to improve themselves. For my while- reading activity, I thought that group activity would be fun. I asked my students to come out with a graphic organizer about the play that we have been discussing about.
Throughout the session, I have found my own strengths and weaknesses. I don’t think that I can connect myself with the students. I found that I get nervous really quick but I think that just for the beginning and because I cannot concentrate on my lesson as Mr Harold was watching me all the time. For me, I felt uncomfortable as people judging me so I can’t help but try my best to act like I really teach students just like in a real classroom.
After all, I was blessed that my sore throat was gone and I can project my voice really well. The point of mock teaching really serve it purpose as I gain my confidence beside I’ve learn the lesson of how to overcome my nervous breakdown. Sometimes, in our life, there are things that we regretted of doing it but I believe that regret is more than an option. We may have done a lot of serious mistakes but I guess that is how I learn and bit by bit we discover the true nature of life. Micro-teaching is a good way for us, especially teacher in making because it encompasses our fear and conquers our emotion so we won’t face it in a real situation. It is more like we learn how to make it perfect and someone with experienced will judge us to improvise our errors.
I really am grateful that we have finished our micro-teaching. That’s mean that we actually through it and nothing really bad happened. My fear was what if Mr Harold doesn’t really like my presentation. Anyway, I guessed it went really well. It such a great experience for me and I really hope we can have it for the next semester.

No comments:

Post a Comment